Windows Virtual Desktop – Enabling the Secure Desktop Experience for Remote Workforce
Read through to learn how Windows Virtual Desktop has evolved to be an all-round solution to address challenges around the Modern Workplace experience
Modern organizations have constantly evolving workforces. With a major chunk of manpower working beyond the traditional on-premise, desktop-based setups, organizations are looking in the direction of Cloud to modernize desktop experience by enabling desktop virtualization while saving significantly on maintenance & operations’ costs.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure technology enables users to maintain secure, seamless connectivity to business-critical applications in a remote setup.
We have identified multifarious scenarios that demand desktop virtualization that it makes providing a secure desktop experience for remote workforce becomes a modern workday imperative.
Industries that need virtualization
Finance: Where data security & regulations occupy the front row; enabling access of business applications to remote workers whilst preserving data security is key.
Healthcare: Where there are distributed workforces all over the place with a need to access data/applications in adherence to laws & regulations.
Government: Again, where data and application access to personnel working remotely is required without giving away unsolicited, classified information.
Education: With students on various endpoint devices trying to access standardized applications on institutions’ networks.
Instances that need virtualization:
- When organizations merge and access applications and data must be extended to restructured workforces
- Extended access to networks of contractors, partner players and personnel in other capacities
- Access to legacy applications running on unsupportive/incompatible platforms
Microsoft, being one of the market leaders in the Cloud space, has precisely captured the cloud-based desktop virtualization needs to package a true Windows 10 experience on virtual desktops.
Microsoft’s Azure-run Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) revolutionizes the virtual desktop experience for users with an encompassing blend of Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro Plus. Integrated with security & management features of M365, WVD brings all the Windows 10 experience to its users. Fundamentally, WVD empowers Windows to be available as an appliance through which users can establish & maintain secure, uninterrupted access to business-sensitive applications remotely.
Run exclusively on Cloud, WVD has an advanced set of offerings that endows organizations with a great potential to virtualize the desktop experience for their workforces:
- The only desktop virtualization service out there to offer a multi-session desktop experience on Windows 10 whereas all other players limit themselves to single-session experiences
- Optimized Office 365 to a point of seamless virtualization experience
- Exceedingly compatible on all endpoint devices
- Easily deployable and highly scalable
- Allows Windows 10, Windows Server & Windows 7 desktops and applications’ end-to-end management seamlessly
- Highly cost-effective with Azure subscription being the only cost to virtualize the entire desktop environment
Introducing Ubikite’s DaaS Manager– where your WVD setup can be efficiently managed
Adopting WVD at modern workplaces is one thing and efficiently managing the adopted WVD environment is altogether another. An efficient management tool doesn’t just manage your WVD environment but also optimizes your infrastructure.
Ubikite has worked along with WVD’s product engineering team in creating some key elements such as deployment scripts, scaling scripts, management, diagnostics UX, etc. enable better adoption of WVD. Our experience on WVD has helped us build a comprehensive WVD management & optimization tool – Ubikite DaaS Manager. Ubikite DaaS Manager offers a centralized platform to manage and monitor your WVD infrastructure.
Ubikite DaaS Manager:
- Offers a comprehensive WVD with M365 toolkit
- Promotes total control over WVD within a cost-effective pricing model
- Exhibits a real-time virtualization ability to identify & fix issues on the go
- Is ultimately a single, unified platform to manage your modern workplace
How Ubikite DaaS Manager optimizes your WVD environment:
- By possessing ‘Autoscale’ ability – to intelligently adjust cloud consumption based on varying usage
- By enabling automatic backup of your data and quick recovery time windows in light of disasters
- By visualizing all your WVD resources’ utilization and performance in a unified dashboard
On the whole, Ubikite DaaS Manager accelerates your WVD adoption by making it simple to manage your WVD infrastructure and monitor your modern workplace infrastructure!
Also, do read our thought piece on How WVD is different and better from RDS
About the Author :
Prasad Paluri is a seasoned technologist, serving as Vice President at Ubikite. In his capacity as VP, Prasad sets the strategic direction for Ubikite’s evolution from the product development standpoint. Also, Prasad serves as Director of Cloud Services at People Tech Group and is based out of Redmond, Washington. He can be reached at email@example.com or you can connect with him on LinkedIn here.